MT-07 Cutting out? 2 Months old?

MrWhitby
This post is 2131 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I'm reposting a topic I raised on reddit with the hope someone here may have experienced the same issue and fixed it? Sorry for the copy / Pasted black text. 

"

Hi Chaps and Chapettes,

So I've had my MT07 for around a month - 2 months and with about 1700 miles on the clock and today something quite troubling happened, the bike cut out with the clutch in going in a roundabout. Luckily for me I was only going 20mph, if I were going lets say 10mph more, it would have been an absolute disaster.

It looks like a similar issue posted a few years ago - https://www.reddit.com/r/MotoUK/comments/4eh6k3/advice_yamaha_mt07_engine_stallingcutting_out/

But I would like to know where I stand with this? I've gone from a shitty chinese 125 which I did not trust one bit, however it would not cut out on me in such a dangerous way that my new MT07 has done today. I will obviously take this up with my dealer, but I cannot afford to not be riding as its my commute-mobile. Is this a known issue with the MT07? Is there a solid fix? I'll be honest the last thing I expected when buying a new yammy was for something so f***ing dangerous to happen. Luckily I didn't get squashed by a car from behind.

I have also captured this on my helmet camera. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5fD-i5C47A&feature=youtu.be

As you can see the Oil light comes on indicating the engine is off (Normal) I didn't realise then I let the clutch out and bam the rear wheel locks up. Like I said, If I was going just a few mph more. I would be road kill. In the Reddit post above one user showed a video with the throttle not responding to blips well, I've also had this and actually blipped the throttle just on the cut out of the engine in my video.

I love this bike and wouldn't want to give it up, but I'm also pissed that this is so freaking dangerous!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!"

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 9:50 PM, blackhat250 said:

Crank sensor ,,,,

Fekkin crank sensor gets the blame for everything.....see my tale of woe in "My Auld Triumph"

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online