WR 125 Engine Light

Nickm95
This post is 2153 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there, just joined the site. I recently bought a 2009 WR125 and the engine light is permanently on, not flashing. The last owner said this happened when somebody knocked the bike over. Im also having problems with the neutral light, sometimes the bike doesn't recognise when it is in neutral. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The bike seems to be running well.

Many thanks, 

Nick

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi nick " ,   lots of bikes sumtimes dont find neutral , even if the light is on,  is the position of the selector drum,  just not quite in the correct p[lace,,  my old 400  does it now and again,  

As for the engine light,  it need plugging in to a diagnostic lap top , to clear the fault sensor,,

Welcome to the forum Nick.
Mike

Edited by mike1949

Thanks for the replies guys, I will take the bike in to get them to connect to the diagnostics. In regards to the neutral light, is there any adjustment that I can do on the box? Ive taken the switch out and tested it and it seems to work. Although maybe these can wear down? It won't start unless it recognises its in neutral even with the clutch in. 

Thanks again

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online