Yamaha MT-03: cant put rear wheel back/ cush drive rubbers

Ybrornot
This post is 2148 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dear Yamaha owners

I have a problem with my MT-03. I  took the rear wheel off to replace the brake pads and noticed the cush drive rubbers were worn out. I replaced them, but I cant get my rear wheel back.
There is not enough space between the swingarm: I lack about 1 centimeter.I have tried prying, pushing, wriggling... but I have given up for now. 
I always begin at the brake disc side, sliding it between the brake pads and fit the small spacer. But when I do that there is not enough space on the sprocket side for the bigger spacer.

Is there something I'm missing? there is a gap between the rear sprocket assembly and the new rubbers, should there be no gap at all? I tried pushing the sprocket assembly as far as I could, but even without the rubbers in the wheel, it can only go so far. 
Or do you have to pry the swingarm apart with a special tool or something? 

I'm a total nob at this so go easy on me :p 

Kind regards

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds odd having to remove the wheel to change the pads?

Anyhow, my guess is that the parts arent in the right order or places. Check the width of the n4ew rubbers against the old. Are they sitting correctly? Are the spacres and bearings all the way home? Photos would help

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online