Rookie road trip

KyleHally
This post is 2170 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So today i done my first "big" ride since getting the bike in october.  Proposed to the better half last week (don't worry, she said yes!) So took advantage of the nice weather to go look at a venue for the big day. 

Went upto inveraray for the day and it was actually much less daunting than i expected on the 125.  Had a premonition that it would be a drag with a lack of power and that the no motorway restrictions would make it a chore.  I'm happy to report that it was, for the most part, all plain sailing.  The bike managed to handle the climbs better than i expected but I've now definitely experienced the dreaded numb bum.

Also didn't seem to get to a stage that there was any riders trapped behind me for any length of time and they all gave a friendly wave as they passed.  Worlds away from how L plates are treated by other car drivers lol!

Riding for around 4 hours with 132 miles for the round trip isn't grand tourer level but it felt long enough to count as my first large trip.  I also took the opportunity to ride behind some of the slower moving riders and to try and get more comfortable with filtering through traffic and just riding in general.

Anyway enough of that, here's some pics from the ride.  

[EDIT: I've no idea why the pictures all uploaded at mad angles but I'll try sort it tomorrow when I'm not using my mobile]

2n1cch3.jpg

2znxvg2.jpg

2s76gi8.jpg

2z5lzpv.jpg

28wkxvb.jpg

P.S any bug cleaner recommendations would be much appreciated, bugs don't stay solid at 60 mph lol

Edited by KyleHally
  • Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done matey. Great run up there.

The tip I gave my boy about filtering was even if he sees me getting through a gap, wait until he is happy before he goes for it, oh and always, always be alert for the fuckwit in the car who tries to close gaps to prevent you getting through

• Like 2

Bug cleaning. Easy. Keep it polished and they come off when you wash it. 

Well done yung  feller" ,,  we ride on 400cc bikes  and ride about 50/60mph  most of the time, its more relaxing, than flying on,,,,,  filtering?   we stay away from traffic infested areas,   [ esp  Loch Lomond area]  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately for us West Coasters John,  is that we almost have to do Loch Lomond to get anywhere. Well I'm a mile from the ferry terminal in Gourock so I can go straight to Dunoon and explore that way

• Like 2

Heading from the east end of glasgow I've got no choice to pass through loch lomond lol.  Also i think there was a smash on the way back as the traffic was standstill with a few police/ambulance flying by.  That's when i really kept an eye on what other riders done to see when to go and what i was comfortable with.  Is there any other common biker haunts when the weather is nice?

Aye kyle, head for dukes Pass, , its thru Aberfoyle  for you,,,  lands at Callander,- then north to Killin,  or south to Stirling,?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online