Yamaha dt 125 x 2007

Ksflash
This post is 2173 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, i have run into a problem with my powervalve cdi unit. the unit that controlls the wires that controll the powervalve.

The thing is that, it worked before i started to trying to fix it, but i wasnt working propperly. i wonder do they still make this type of stuff? or a replacement part.

Anyways at the first it when i turn on the ignition, the cdi unit tryed to do a clear circle but it just lagged front and back and stopped. 

I tryed to touching the cabels and the cdi started to go mad. and i cut som of the cable and fitted on new connectors, and it stopped working. maybe all the cables are rusted inside and need a replacement? is it possible to weld new ones on? 

i checked the whole bike for errors and i got electrical power from the (brain)cdi, and to the cdi unit but its very low. Round 8v. On each cable. 

What can i do to fix this issue, or the best way to make the bike run as good as it gets

Edited by Ksflash

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How much power is at the battery. 90% of powervalve problems are a bad battery.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online