Yamaha SR125

Shippy
This post is 2153 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there! My name is Liam, I’m 18, and am mad in love with old school/style bikes. 

I come asking for some advice/help. I bought a Yamaha SR125 off my pal, but there is something wrong with it. It doesn’t start. At first, I thought it was a compression issue, but it’s not. Then I thought it was because the carburetor hadn’t be cleaned, so I cleaned it out and everything. I then ask my friend what he thinks it could be and he believes the carburetor isn’t sucking the fuel. How could I test if it’s that, or know it’s that? Thank you in advance for any advice!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you a spark, ? ,,   and pull the air box pipe, and put you hand over the back of carb,  for suction,  

• 3 weeks later...

I think you should take it to the mechanic or there is another feasible option for you. There are some Yamaha Service Manuals are available online and you can easily gain some basic idea of how you can repair your bike. These manuals have provided full detail of repairing each part of bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online