NC500 trip

This post is 2083 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

We went  half way over to the west,.  the RD350   spat its newtronic  iggy,   we fixed it with a leather washer ,[ made from a keyring]  ,  to hold the  cam plate on,  ..26degrees,  traffic free  roads,,- bliss,

33576398_1775328969217866_843331478703046656_n.jpg

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
1 hour ago, blackhat250 said:

We went  half way over to the west,.  the RD350   spat its newtronic  iggy,   we fixed it with a leather washer ,[ made from a keyring]  ,  to hold the  cam plate on,  ..26degrees,  traffic free  roads,,- bliss,

33576398_1775328969217866_843331478703046656_n.jpg

saw the photos on faceache, very ingenious. My mossy repellant came today so here's hoping I don't get bitten

• Like 1

Yeh drew"  your missing out, 26 degrees every day up here, this week,.   forest fires,,  its like  California ,?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

Yeh drew"  your missing out, 26 degrees every day up here, this week,.   forest fires,,  its like  California ,?

That'll be because it is California

image.png

Never made it there, but got as far as Moscow last year

image.jpg

Ha,  jim, the original  California  is near Falkirk,:thumb:    i"v been there,,   the settlers  musta landed on the USA west coast,

• Like 1

I had planned to do my own "Long Way Round" and do Moscow then California in one day, but roadworks and problems with my support team meant I just did the one ? ?

On 3/31/2018 at 5:18 PM, Tommy xs said:

Looking forward to this, I’ve been wanting to do it for as long as I can remember, it would be great if we could meet up with Blackhat & Jimmy at some point on our travels Drewpy is coming with me to Oban now, originally he was heading back to Perth last day but now we’ll be in Oban from Thursday 12th till Saturday 14th if anyone fancies meeting up let us know  :beerchug:

Just reading through the whole thread again.

I am in Tenerife until 6th July. I'm back at work but off on Rest Days 13 - 16 so could possibly make it up to Oban on the Friday

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

If the weather is good,, this is  what its like,,,,,  put it on full screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prWFHbfAFwA&index=2&list=FLpMTzkvRstHGbr-mwkBdgfw&t=22s

• Like 1

I still remember my trip round bonnie Scotland in 2011/12, I think. Up the west coast, across the top, down the east, 3 days, lots a miles, met john and his mate big Si,,,,,,,, bloddy great it was

Edited by 2 Wheels
Spelling
  • Like 2

We’re doing it the opposite way round pat, hopefully meet up with  blackie for a bit on the way up the east side then jimmy on the way back down the west coast. I can’t wait, sorted my bike out yesterday I fixed the mirrors and speedo, all I need now is a new rear tyre and I’m ready  :thumb:

Oh yes nearly forgot I got my new helmet for farthers day, fantastic I normally only get chocolate & socks

• Like 2

Good news boys,,  the long range forcast,  is high pressure  building in from the north,  same as May,   from sunday 24th,  june,  20+ degrees for 2 weeks,,,,,?

• Like 3

Not long now Drew, I’ve just got back from getting my rear tyre done, not fitted it back on bike yet as weather is too hot, I’ll do it later when it’s a bit cooler (after the game). I will have to start packing over the weekend as won’t get much time next week after work, I  could be scrubbing in my new tyre on route as really busy at the moment and not been getting out on bike at all.

What a waste of all that great weather 

aye, I'm too busy also.

brought the cases down form the loft and thinking about packing them..

Bike is sorted now too but not had much of a shakedown only 50 miles or so.

Have you got a new pump or gone back to the original?

Should we have a sweep stake on how far you get?

• Haha 1

Have fun, you lucky barstwerts.

fSV4IJA.jpg125TrUI.jpgWe were over on the Isle of Mull,  yest,   30 degrees,   lovely,  i hope it holds for you,.  

https://i.imgur.com/125TrUI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fSV4IJA.jpg

The Corron Ferry, , we camped next to the light house in picture,  spectacular,  and i saw a Whale,   in that stretch of water,  while walking early morning,,

1QTauzk.jpg

• Like 2

That looks lovely mate, thanks for sharing, not envious or anything!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 8:33 PM, Cynic said:

Have you got a new pump or gone back to the original?

Should we have a sweep stake on how far you get?

went back to the old pump. I did get a new one and that did the same thing, the points jammed. I recon its the heat doing it.

Anyway found the stator wires smoking today to the multiconnector, ordered new spade connectors and will cut down to new wire. must been resistance there