Bike won't start

Dinky
This post is 2158 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey I'm having some bike trouble, I broke down 2 days ago bike but shut down mid ride wouldn't start up again, got it home it started on the kick start but wouldn't idle, I tried it about an hour ago and it started and idled and rode, I changed the oil in it and it will not start period as if battery is dead but I've had it on the charger, it's not dead, I'm thinking could be not getting a spark? I don't know much about mechanically, any help would be amazing the bike is a YAMAHA YBR 125 07.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Dinky, I see your not getting much response. maybe It's because you're a "one hit wonder" Have you posted in the newbie section yet? 

The only contribution I can give is not about your bike but about the battery.

A battery likes to be used. The more you use it the longer it will last. A reputable battery will last up to ten years. BUT. and this is a big but. A battery can just "Die"

From experience, I started my bike up one morning and it started perfectly, stopped at where I wanted to go, came out and the battery was dead as a dodo.

Hope this helps

Mike

1 hour ago, mike1949 said:

dead as a dodo.

Mike

I bet he dont know what a dodo is mike,,,,   ,  do they still  do history at school,    all the yung uns i meet  know nowt about history,

• Haha 1

On 13/04/2018 at 8:47 PM, blackhat250 said:

I bet he dont know what a dodo is mike,,,,   ,  do they still  do history at school,    all the yung uns i meet  know nowt about history,

Believe it or not Blackie, about twenty years ago my daughter came into the sitting room while I was watching an old B&W film and she seriously thought that life was in black and white.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online