New member RS200 café racer

JBird
This post is 2219 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all!

New member hailing from South Africa. Bought an old 1978 Yamaha RS195 (the RS200 was sold under this model in S.A).

I have been converting it into a café racer slowly but surely. Cosmetically it's at 90%, but the engine needs some work. There is a problem with the starting, one pipe smokes excessively, then dies; I believe the crank seals need to be replaced so I had some delivered from Wemoto.

Unfortunately installing a classic slimline café seat arrangement is a bit of a pain since the oil tank protrudes under the seat cavity. As a result the original seat was kept, and it actually looks quite neat IMO. Interested in what everyone thinks!

IMG_7818.JPG

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes it's the single carb version.

Not seen in the pic but subsequently chopped the original front mudguard and put it back on, so wet roads should be more manageable! I avoid riding in the rain/wet from a safety point of view, as well as keeping all the sneaky places clean.

The seat cowl is DIY. I put a mound of pottery clay on the frame and sculpted the shape, then after a layer of foil I fibreglassed the mold over it.

I'm assuming this forum is made up of people around the globe, I wonder what ballpark price this bike would fetch where you all live? It has 30 000km on the clock.

It's always pretty subjective what a bike will fetch especially after you have chopped and changed it, you have made the bike YOU want someone else might think it's better to buy another original one and do their own. Just sayin..!

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online