Front wheel bearings fj1200 C3?

drewpy
This post is 2157 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 3cv front wheel of an fj1200 so I can fit a 17" front tyre on the TDM

I'm trying to find out if they are C3 clearance. Normally I stay away from C3's as they are only realy used for engine componants that get hot and the clearance gets taken up. On a wheel that would make for a wobbly ride and detrimental on brake disks.

Can anyone enlighten me if the FJ bearings are C3?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why would they be any different to the wheel bearings in the tdm. 

Got to admit the thought of expansion from heat never even entered my head when i got the bearings for the Aprilia wheels in the TDR.

What do you have to change to fit the wheel, must be close to a straight swap.

4 hours ago, Cynic said:

Why would they be any different to the wheel bearings in the tdm. 

Got to admit the thought of expansion from heat never even entered my head when i got the bearings for the Aprilia wheels in the TDR.

What do you have to change to fit the wheel, must be close to a straight swap.

the OD is different but the ID is the same (15mm)

still not keen on using C3, so unless no-one can offer any other observations, I'll stick with Standard clearance Koyo bearings

At we talking microns or just going up a bearing size?

Where did the c3 question come from, is it a quirky size bearing, of on a st 6202 would be 15/35. Some of the TDR people have had 3mm spacers made to take up the 3mm gap (stock tzr front spindle is 12mm uses a 12/32 wheelbearing (6201) the TDR uses the 15/35 6202.

What are the sizes of each wheel bearing? Actual measure, the actual bearing number, not intrnet...

10 hours ago, Cynic said:

At we talking microns or just going up a bearing size?

Where did the c3 question come from, is it a quirky size bearing, of on a st 6202 would be 15/35. Some of the TDR people have had 3mm spacers made to take up the 3mm gap (stock tzr front spindle is 12mm uses a 12/32 wheelbearing (6201) the TDR uses the 15/35 6202.

What are the sizes of each wheel bearing? Actual measure, the actual bearing number, not intrnet...

6302 2RS loads out there and is common.

the C3 was mentioned a few times and also on some ebay sellers. I never used a C3 on a wheel bearing

• 2 months later...

Hey Drewps

I realise you have sorted your bike, but this thread

http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/225198/2/t140-driveside-roller-bearing

reminded me of your query. Page 2 especially gives a lot of details about bearings, most of which I did not know, so it may be useful to some 

Cheers Jimmy
I had to get a C3 in the end as that was the only bearing in the correct size. TBH I couldn't detect any movement and have since checked the bearings and they are still smooth and tracking right

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online