DT100 1979

Enduro100
This post is 2222 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone 

im rebuilding my 1979 DT’s engine that someone else took apart (it came in a box of bits) looking at the manual it says there are some shims on the crank between the crank shaft and main bearing. Does anyone know what size these are (diameter,thickness etc...)

kind regards

Garry 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The shims were in place to take up manufacturing tolerance and therefore can alter per engine. best thing to go is :- dry run building the engine and see how much end float you get. However from memory those shims were about 0.01mm thickness each and most engines had 2 or 3 each side, so perhaps a single shim of 0,03mm either side will do .. but this will depend on end float  

Most DT"s  have one shim, on right side,  [ primary gear side],  But,   i have build 3  engines,   and none had a shim on the crank,  they say its when tightening the primary gear - it pulls the crank to this side , and the shim gives clearance.   , ,all my engines had never been apart,  =  & no shim,

Hello this is my second DTx/DTr. So now if any one tells you that the body work off the DTr won't fit then you no it's lie's. If you wanna no how to do it then text me. I'm hafe way building my DTr/DTx making the back abit more smaller will let you all see more pictures soon.

Hopefully a motorbike manufactur see this or once I put my dtx/dtr on the road they will love my Yamaha and ask me to design a motorbike for them they won't regret it 

Happy day'z 

I call this Yamaha the Happy day'z DTx/DTr

FB_IMG_15190867613740976.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online