corrosion or oxidisation

Perryh16@googlemail.com
This post is 2229 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i have a wr125x i want to sell it soon but because it was my all year round rider the snow and salt have really punished my alloys and break callipers. I dont know exactly what it is but its either corrosion or oxidisation. It looks horrible and really devalues my bike. Its all over my break callipers, my rear spokes and a couple of parts on my engine. Also its on my engine casing ill take some pictures if needed but i just need some help on how to get rid of it and make it look decent. 

Also another thing my swing arm paint has come off and has rusted abit but i think the swing arm is powder coated on a wr125x im not  sure but is there a way i can touch up any paint thats come off with out taking it somewhere to be proffesionally re done?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Your best bet is something like autosol Related image a pretty good polish that will bring your Aluminum parts up like new but there is no quick way I'm afraid. it's elbow grease and sweat that will do it. As for the paint you can't "touch up" powder coat but you can use a good quality auto paint that matches and just paint over the missing chunks.

51 minutes ago, slice said:

Your best bet is something like autosol Related image a pretty good polish that will bring your Aluminum parts up like new but there is no quick way I'm afraid. it's elbow grease and sweat that will do it. As for the paint you can't "touch up" powder coat but you can use a good quality auto paint that matches and just paint over the missing chunks.

Okay thank you i didnt think id be able to do anything about the swing arm

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online