Back to black

blackhat250
This post is 2236 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After the painter  boobed last year [ yellow]  i thought i"d  give it a go, ,, bought a 250 tank,  pulled out the big dent  with a valve glued to it ,  filled /primer/ base & decals.   

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers paul,, a lot of flattening, and filling small dips,    still to be clearcoated .... B).  then wet sand [ 2000 grit],  and  pollish  with compound,,  

Will be popping by then mate, it looks good now! 

Need to have the tank on my DT done at some point

Maybe accessing the forum through the radio isn't so good after all

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Airhead said:

for some reason I don't see any images !

How come paul,,,   its not Pissbucket      -  its  Imgur  

37 minutes ago, Tommy xs said:

Really good job there John like the black much better than the blue

It was Yeller  last year  tommo,   ,  i built one for my mate,  and the painter,, painted the tanks yellow instead of black,  So i took the black off my bike  and put it on mates,  i ended up wi the yellow,,  that bugger is  the black tank i gave away was a minter, no dents or rust,, most are toast now, [40years old],  i stll have the yellow,  [ i have a plan for it, :rolleyes: ;

HYxDcjG.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tommy xs said:

That's some painter you got, talk about colour blind how the f#ck can you get yellow & black mixed up ?

I put the tank in,  and said ,same as the last time. [ he did black 2 years ago].  the tank was a yellow one, i had rubbed down , and there was a trace of yellow underneath,  So by the time he got round to it,  he seen the yellow , and just presumed [ mother of all FKups],  he made a great job,,,

I still got the yellow,  am gonna do it Orange,  like theDT250C,  

LjU4GKm.jpg

I think the yellow is pretty good. Shame that decal doesn't have a speedblocks touch to it somehow.

I always put masking tape on and write whose it is and what colour. I even print pictures to give the painter idea.

can't expect busy eeps to remember what you said months ago.

• Like 1

Love how it floats in thin air. Nice job done to it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drewpy said:

I always put masking tape on and write whose it is and what colour. I even print pictures to give the painter idea.

can't expect busy eeps to remember what you said months ago.

Go away with your logic and sound thinking 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tommy xs said:

I always paint it my self usually turns out crap but more or less the colour I wanted 

That'll be because you use your 4" brush or a roller  :lol: :lol:

• Haha 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online