Hello from Cardiff

Rich27
This post is 2235 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all. 

Did my CBT a couple of weeks ago. (yes in mid January) after deciding that it would be easier to commute across the city on two wheels and will be easy to park at work.

And managed to get myself a rather nice YBR,  with 1500 miles on it, from a fella in Newport. 

After an interesting ride home through the back lanes then onto the link road I managed to get home alive. 

As a new owner I have a million questions and will be putting the search button to good use. 

I hope to spin the spanners and have some fun with a bike now that I dont have anywhere to keep and fiddle with my previous motorised loves Mercedes 190e's (still heavily involved with the forum) and I did restore a Porsche 924 

Anyway Hello all

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Rich, welcome to the YOC. :wavey:

:wavey:If you can keep a 924 on the road a ybr wont phase you much, welcome in.

Yeh the 924  was the poor mans porche ,   a 4 cylinder  wern"t it,,       928  looked good  with a 6  pot,,,, :rolleyes:

4 cylinder VW/Audi engine, originally a joint project between VW & Porsche

13 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

Yeh the 924  was the poor mans porche ,   a 4 cylinder  wern"t it,,       928  looked good  with a 6  pot,,,, :rolleyes:

Nope. It was good with the v8.

6pot. Cmon. Really.

8 hours ago, Cynic said:

Nope. It was good with the v8.

6pot. Cmon. Really.

Flat 6  went they,,,,,,,:ssst:

I beg your pardon,,:icon_redface1:, indeed a linerless V8.   318bhp. 

Sniffing too much 2 stroke John..

• Haha 1

A good place for the engine and gearbox, better than where they stick it in the 911 :-)

13 hours ago, Rich27 said:

Oh dear what have I started. 

I could go on about the engine in a 924 being behind the front wheels and the gearbox and diff in front of the rear wheels for weight distribution and handling but I won't :lol: 

One of those cursed by the fools.

The science works, the problem is the fact its a 2L 4 banger that could have been from a 4 door saloon. If it had been a flat 4 or even a v 4 (nice and compact) with more go than any other period 2L i bet the reception would have been very different.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online