1981 DT 125MX headlight UK/EU

Lumberjack
This post is 2270 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right, I'm importing my grandads dtmx125 more sentimental value than anything. Am I right in thinking that the headlights shine forward and right and so would have to be changed to forward and left? If so where the hell do I get a headlight for the uk as I can't find these bikes here at all. Seemed they only made them for the continent. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Most bikes have an adjustment, usually a couple of screws that either run through the chrome headlight bezel or at the back there can be a knob or some such that moves the beam aim up down or left right. Some foreign bikes are right side specific and you can buy kits for them to convert it to left side riding. Your local bike shop can probably help you there, but they must be fitted correctly and not reduce the output to much. Any generic set of bike masks or converter kits should do the job. Ask your local MOT bike shop for advice on the requirements.

Also,  my M,O,T  tester,   stuck a deflector tape on lens .  to pass,, ..   you can get 5inch   new lence,   or 5"1/5  . whatever  it is,, UK spec.:welcome: