YBR 125 (2010) Exhaust Gasket

sisu
This post is 2251 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks, bit of an odd one ...

In the continuing job of bringing sons 125 back from storage I took the exhaust off (to de-rust and paint plus get access for other stuff) I noticed that there was no exhaust gasket.  Looking at the service manual; parts exploded diagrams and the (infallible) Haynes manual it appears that there should be a copper 'o' ring.  I did buy one from Wemoto in preparation for refitting the exhaust but the one supplied is a bit big to fit in the hole.

1.  I am right that  there is supposed to be a gasket?  Never noticed an issue with it missing before and there is no evidence of gas blowing from the recessed socket.

2. I haven't checked the amount it is over by but would it be ok to sand down the copper gasket?  Its a pretty chunky 'o'?

Any help appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How do you mean too big.

Too round or too thick. It is supposed to crush to a degree to form the seal.

Hi Cynic, thanks for the response.

It's the diameter that's the issue - the one I have is 40mm which appears to be 2mm too large for the exhaust socket. I did order the one for a 2010 (actually cant find where I got it from - apparently wasn't on the wemoto order I did) but its looking like it might be for a different year (assuming there is a year variation).

I guess I could take the Dremmel to it and shave a mm off around it

Double check there is no cack or old gasket left in there, some are 2 rings with a material centre, the outer may still be in place.

Got a part number, we can double check for you.

Hi,

Ordered another gasket (from Womoto) and this one fitted (slightly smaller diameter, one surface flatter) ... think the first one was an eBay purchase so probably some sort of a knock off.  Still no idea why there wasn't a gasket there in the first place but will be when I'm done :-)

Thanks for the response

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online