Ignition/Hotwiring Problem

Grouch
This post is 2260 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So 3 little scum bags tried to steal my bike. Even though they knew they could not even get it out of my garden they still hotwired it. This is my my third ignition now. Ive got the new ignition but the dash is dead. I think it may be something to do with the engine management/warning light. Im going to change all the fuses but apart from that I cant think what it could be apart from the bike shutting itself down because they tried to hotwire it. Any ideas/help much appreciated guys.

I really dont understand their mentality. The bike has two alarms and a ridiculous amount of security. So any one with half a brain cell would know it was pointless trying to steal it. It was about half four in the morning and the alarm went off so I looked out of the window and 3 little scrotes no older than 16 were trying to carry it away. They wouldn't of even made it to the end of my street before giving up. The bike is pretty heavy even though its only a wr 125. They were watching the window and saw me so by the time I put some shorts on and got my bat they were long gone. They just threw the bike down luckily it landed on the grass, so I thought that was lucky, no damage really done. It wasnt until I got up the next day I noticed they had hotwired it. It was booked in for an MOT that morning as well. I am sick to death of little inbred scum trying to steal my bike and causing damage. This will be my third ignition now and for some reason on wr's they are over £100. Next time Im just going to sneak down and catch them and I dont care if they are only kids, the little shits are getting a good hiding. Sick to death now its an incident every month at least. It is going to happen again it's only just a matter of time. Im not going to fit the new ignition barrel in the steering where it goes. Im going to put it somewhere else to try and confuse the horrible little C's. Any ideas? Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bloody ell grouch"o,,,,,,,you   get em don"t you,,,,,  and you said it  Half a brain cell,,,,  bastards,,,

OH FFS..! Grouch, try and see if (IGN Switch) will go under the seat, just a switch will do if not that breaks the connection to the battery, won't matter how hard you try the bike won't start till you flip the switch. Sounds like you need a ground anchor mate, at least then it will be bolted to the floor and they will need tools to get it away from the house. Plus another one on a wall nearby, might take you half an hour to unlock it all in the morning but at least it will be there to unlock..! Leave the broken IGN Switch in place. that will fuck with their heads even more, they can try starting it till they are blue in the face and will most likely give up when it ain't easy.

If you have access to steel plate and a welder you can make your own

1 x (12" x 8") Base

2 x (6" x 8") Sides Drill a hole in each to give a snug fit for your solid bar

2 x (6" x6") Ends

1 x (10" x 1" Round Bar)

1 x (6" x 1.25" Stainless Tube)

Weld up the box, slide in the S/S Tube and slide the solid bar through the sides and inside the tube. This will protrude each side. Get that welded up on the outside. Drill a couple of holes in the base for drainage.

The stainless steel tube should be a snug fit but able to move if someone is trying to cut it. Drill the holes as near to the bottom as you can, ensuring any chain will still get under it

Dig a large hole in the ground deep enough for a couple of inches of sand at the bottom, to help drainage, so that the top of the box will be flush and there will be plenty of room around the outside. Fill this up with concrete (or a couple of bags of post mix) let it set and away you go

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:55 PM, slice said:

OH FFS..! Grouch, try and see if (IGN Switch) will go under the seat, just a switch will do if not that breaks the connection to the battery, won't matter how hard you try the bike won't start till you flip the switch. Sounds like you need a ground anchor mate, at least then it will be bolted to the floor and they will need tools to get it away from the house. Plus another one on a wall nearby, might take you half an hour to unlock it all in the morning but at least it will be there to unlock..! Leave the broken IGN Switch in place. that will fuck with their heads even more, they can try starting it till they are blue in the face and will most likely give up when it ain't easy.

Yep leave them a dummy and just use a kill switch somewhere under the tank. Friend used a remote thing from maplins. Press a button and the bike was dead.

Or you could be really cute and use the tank cut off switch for your own use. Only have to splice in a basic switch and fit it where you like. Fellow at work has a power socket on the bars for a 'sat nav'. Nope, needs his modified power plug or the bike wont start. Kills the ig to so it wont bump, but looks like a regular power socket. 

+1 on the ground anchor too, just adding to the list of reasons why i love living out in the country. Any scrotes kicking about in the streets everybody knows.

• Thanks 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online