Thundercat 600

AjsFazer1000
This post is 2278 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi so I've just bought a 1998 Yzf thundercat she's a project it's fair to be said. 

I've bought 2 paddock stands to do all the maintenance myself (or try) and the rear has bobbin adaptors. Anyone know where these fit on the thundercat as in struggling to find any specific for the cat? 

Thanks 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Unless you drill and fit the threaded bosses they don't. 

Things like the r6, cbr's and fireblades have bobins.

For the rest of us who don't want to lap the ring road in record time we make do with rubber covered u brackets that just lift the bike under the sw arm. They fit most anything. You have the freedom to move them up and down the sw arm to get the most stable position, or to suit the width of the wheel/sw arm.

You may be able to get something that fits around the spindle? not too sure tbh. My bikes are all from the 80's and before. 

If your rear axle is hollow you should be able to get something universal, will be fine for chain cleaning etc. No good for removing the wheel though

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online