Yamaha Delight scooter

Twostroketed
This post is 843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am having difficulty removing the handlebar top cover / fairing on a 2014 Delight 115 scooter. I have removed the visible screws from the sides and the bottom of the cover but it still appears firmly fixed. I do not want to damage the plastics so have not tried forcing it off. There do not appear to be any workshop manuals available for this model, I have found a couple of free downloads on-line but none are in English and the diagrams are of little use. If anyone has had any experience removing the cover I would be grateful for any tips.

• 9 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 years later...

First of all you need to check if the fairing has a handlebar top cover or not. If it does, then removing it will be a lot easier than what you think. Just remove the four screws that hold the fairing on and use your hand to pull out. Then loosen up all the bolts and detach them from the top plate of fairing as well. After this, just take off the rear wheel by removing two bolts at each side of each axle and unplug both front lights. Lastly, remove one bolt in each wheel arch with a flat head screwdriver from underneath.

That's it! Now your Delight scooter is ready for customization!

That's a 3 year old thread davidjimrd... :D

• drewpy locked this topic
This post is 843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.