help my bike won't work

chopperpad
This post is 2364 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I'm Paddy, I have a Diversion XJ600S from 1998 (R reg) a week ago it broke down as if it had run out of fuel, slowly running out of revs and effort. It has compression of 150psi on each cylinder, a new fuel pump that is connected right, lovely bright blue sparks from new plugs, twice cleaned carbs and when I fire her by pouring fuel straight into the carbs does a lovely clean and even sounding roar, then dies! All fuses ok, all electrical connections ok. New yellow top battery. Fuel tank cleaned out and all filters checked. It has had a mayonnaise winter problem before but always runs fine after cleaning out its lines. Any ideas folks? I'm running out of them! Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi  paddy,   if shes running with a sqiirt of  fuel in the carbs, then its a fuel delivery problem,  ,  is there a fuel tap - cock,   pull the pipes ,and let it run,   also ,the fuel cap breather ,  leave the cap open,   :welcome:

A brand new pump, and have you had said pump pumping fuel into a pot before connecting the carbs or did you just assume it was ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online