Yamaha Niken

Jack R1
This post is 1312 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was wondering if this was an early April fools but it seems not, at first I thought "Ohh god no", but actually I suppose it's a good idea. A hell of a lot more fun than a normal trike for those who need them, or returning riders, older gents ect. Who knows, maybe they've created a new market like Suzuki did with the Bandit? 

Yeah it's true, arriving in the spring for test rides according to my local dealer. I wonder if it's actually free standing? It's always on the sidestand in the pictures I've seen

Although not quite the same, but there are quite a few scooters with twin wheels on the front.

I do appreciate this is a different kettle of fish, but the same principle.

Mike.

Extra tyre, extra brake pads, extra fork seals, extra cost....for what?

13 minutes ago, jimmy said:

Extra tyre, extra brake pads, extra fork seals, extra cost....for what?

To be fair extra tyre = less wear, same no. of brake pads so no extra cost, extra fork seals so less wear (my FZ1 is on the original fork seals at 50k, so these should go on forever), agree on cost though [hopefully yam will follow their own lead on MT price point].

For what? Massive front end grip and stability. If the front end slides on 2 wheels often it means you are off, on this thing it's just going to mean that you understeer. This thing is going to allow the rider to push on really hard, on the road, where nornally you'd be backing off.

I think it is part of the wave of innovation in japanese motorcycle design which is seeing the big four (although Sook to a lesser extent) coming up with more product diversity.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:48 PM, pilninggas said:

To be fair extra tyre = less wear, same no. of brake pads so no extra cost, extra fork seals so less wear (my FZ1 is on the original fork seals at 50k, so these should go on forever), agree on cost though [hopefully yam will follow their own lead on MT price point].

For what? Massive front end grip and stability. If the front end slides on 2 wheels often it means you are off, on this thing it's just going to mean that you understeer. This thing is going to allow the rider to push on really hard, on the road, where nornally you'd be backing off.

I think it is part of the wave of innovation in japanese motorcycle design which is seeing the big four (although Sook to a lesser extent) coming up with more product diversity.

Dunno,  its a big fat fkr for getting through traffic. Is it not technically a trike too?

15 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Dunno,  its a big fat fkr for getting through traffic. Is it not technically a trike too?

According to my local dealers post on Facebook it's ridden on a bike license, so not really a trike

21 hours ago, Cynic said:

I am considering one, but won't use it to commute if i do, My H**da NC will stay on commuter duties.

I'd love to go hairing up Col D L'Iseran on one.

Let's be honest, it's a cool idea but it's basically a fast Piaggio mp3. (Just having a laugh :lol:)

piaggio3wheel3.jpg

Dual front wheels, 3 cylinder 900cc engine, 115hp, adjustable front and rear suspension (from what I can tell from the pictures on the Yamaha website) looks like a bucket of fun. And like Cynic said, it might be a pain for filtering, but I know loads of people who filter on a GS1200 (which I think we can all agree is not a slender machine)

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 11:14 PM, Variomatic said:

looks like a bucket of fun.

That about sums it up.

• 5 months later...

You been living on the moon Alex? thing has been around for a while now, at least it doesn't have a fat arse like a trike..!

• 2 years later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online