Fazer 600 clutch

KennyH
This post is 2350 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I am having a problem with my Fazer, goes into gear and pulls away fine but once it gets to 15 mph or if I open the throttle it just revs higher but does not pick up speed, the same thing happens if I change to 2 nd gear. Cant go to 3rd as it starts to stall.  have tried to adjust the cable at the handlebar end but no difference I am not sure what to do at the engine end.  Has no problem going into gear or back into neutral.  Any ideas please.

Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

clutch is slipping, then grabbing.

You need either to find out what oil is in there as the PO may have put car oil in which ruins the clutch plates, or change the oil completly.

if that fails then you'll need to get to the clutch, first get a clutch cover gasket, you'll need one unles the pO has coated a previous one with grease before fitting.

you won't need to dump the oil, just leave the bike on its side stand.

I assume you know your way round motorcycles?

2 minutes ago, drewpy said:

clutch is slipping, then grabbing.

You need either to find out what oil is in there as the PO may have put car oil in which ruins the clutch plates, or change the oil completly.

if that fails then you'll need to get to the clutch, first get a clutch cover gasket, you'll need one unles the pO has coated a previous one with grease before fitting.

you won't need to dump the oil, just leave the bike on its side stand.

I assume you know your way round motorcycles?

Not really  only been riding again for 10 months now after I sold my GS 750 when kids were born :)  About 20years ago :(

I suggest you get a Manu*l for it then. please don't ask for one on here as advertisers withdraw their sponsorship of the site

7 minutes ago, drewpy said:

I suggest you get a Manu*l for it then. please don't ask for one on here as advertisers withdraw their sponsorship of the site

I have ordered one from EBAY, thanks

21 hours ago, drewpy said:

1999 loved that programme :)

And the song.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online