YZF750R Experienced Service Shop

Moriority
This post is 2393 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all, I have a 1996 YZF750R with only 14,500kms on it and in the need of an experienced service/tuning shop who knows these bikes and the EXUP system in the Ontario, Canada or Michigan, Ohio area. The bike has been giving me probs since I bought it in the carb area. it was stored in a acclimatized shop but hasn't run since 2014. I got the bike and it started and ran good but has had a popping and hesitation the whole time. I ran seafoam through it in hopes I might solve this problem the easy way if some jets were plugged but to no avail. I've had the carbs out and apart a few times now and the first time I found white lithium grease around the slide diaphragm seals which also got down into a couple of the ports where that little o-ring is by the diaphragm seal. I've checked all the jets, which are clear but she still runs rough. I did find what looked like soot or carbon around the slide and butterfly in one of the carbs which just wipes out? There is noticeable wear on the slides already in the form of missing smoothness and polished plastic and some wear on the slide guides alos which I thought was a bit premature being the bike only had 13,500kms on it when I got it.

I'm at my wits ends folks, the bike is in like new condition and that's why I am so puzzled at why it runs this way so that's why I would just like to drop it off at a shop and let a pro check it out and I can move onto other projects I have.

20170924_113351 (3).jpg

The carbs are very clean now and don't look like the pic above at all but I'm still having issues?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.