hello all thanks for letting me join

safari71
This post is 2372 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Welcome,

You could probably do a search on the site and find out how to set up/check your oil pump,

I just use any mid range quality motorcycle two stroke oil for my bike, the motor is pretty rugged full on synthetics are probably a waste,

fuel/petro.l I just use what is cheapest at the pump, but I would try to use fuel that is low in ethanol content.

You would be better served by starting a thread in the work shop for propper advice on the pump question,

However I sometimes pull the oil feed off the carburettor for a second with the motor running to see for oil flow,

Or I pull the oil pump cable at the oil pump with the motor running and note extra smoke in the exhaust

Some people advocate changing out the black oil feed pipe for a clear one so they can see oil in the pipe.

I am not saying that what I do is the best or correct method but it works for me,

However I would check out any You tube clips on setting up Yamaha autolube pumps, they all work in much the same way,

There is also a pdf and other free downloadable information on the internet on the strip, rebuild and working of autolube pumps

Hi Robert, welcome to the YOC. :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online