Centre stand rubbing against chain

JamHam5292
This post is 2374 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a Yamaha YBR125 with a bit of a dilemma. Under the exhaust used to be a piece of metal welded to it with a rubber stop which held the centre stand in place. Long story short that metal has fell off the exhaust so the stand hits the chain now going too far up into the bike. I’ve tried thinking of ways to stop it but can’t come up with a decent solution. Been using cable ties to hold it in line with the side stand. Anyone got any creative ideas? I’m a guy with little tools so unable to drill holes or anything and would like to keep the main centre stand on. Thanks!

wont let me post any pictures D:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Take it to a local bike shop or garage, I'm sure they'd be happy to tack something on for you for a tenner

Really hope you sort something. Few years ago my mate had a small stone trapped in his swingarm, it rubbed on his chain and with the heat it caused, the chain broke. Chain wrapped around his right foot and brake pedal. He went down pritty hard and was dragged along the road everywhere the bike went.

Stop riding till ya sort this,,,,, watch u tube for lucky people who survived broken chains

10 minutes ago, 2 Wheels said:

Really hope you sort something. Few years ago my mate had a small stone trapped in his swingarm, it rubbed on his chain and with the heat it caused, the chain broke. Chain wrapped around his right foot and brake pedal. He went down pritty hard and was dragged along the road everywhere the bike went.

Stop riding till ya sort this,,,,, watch u tube for lucky people who survived broken chains

Too right, had a chain snap on my little dt50 when I was 16. Locked the rear wheel at nearly 50, broke the engine case, ruined my boots and a new pair of jeans and completely shagged the rear tyre. Thankfully the boots my mates took the piss out of took the worst of it leaving me with cuts and bruises.

Don't underestimate the chain.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online