New member with dt125r 1988

rusty07
This post is 2393 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, live on the south coast and restoring a yamaha dt125r, 1988. Owned for 13 years and nearly finished but would like better panels than I have. Although an 88 model is fitted with raspberry red bodywork and the colour change was registered with the DVLA in 1991 so would like to keep the same. Would very much appreciate any links or advice to source what I need, exhausted all other  avenues (ebay, fowlers, cmsl, yambits, etc,etc) Have been thorough in the rebuild and top plastic would finish it properly.

Thanks

Oldman

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi rusty,   panels are scarce, [ nos]   thers a guy on this forum,  has some ,  maybe for your model,  click on link,

http://yamahadtclub.proboards.com/

It did take a while to clean near on 30 years of grime from the nooks and crannies prior to powdercoating and rebuilding. Have 99%finished bar the panels, tried posting a picture here but upload limit prevents me despite using smallest file size? Just took each component and did the best I could, happy with the result and should last longer than me!

Managed to resize photos, slight hiccup as inlet rubber split as I was preparing to take for mot, replacement ordered so still not ridden, at one point hoping to have finished by mid July so October not a bad overrun!

20170914_154735-1632x1224-1224x918.jpg

Have the correct graphics btw, on my to do list!

• Like 1

Nice and well done. They are exactly the same plastics as the dt125r up to the year 2003, just a different colour.