Xt250 1980

Martin donker
This post is 2412 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,i'm a new member today "yeay", i'm in the middle of a complete restoration on my XT250 H,Im running out of steam with it and wanted to ask weather it would be worth selling,and if so as a project or in parts.  Iv'e had the engine fully rebuilt,all bearings,gaskets,crank,clutch etc etc. Forks chromed/painted and rebuilt ££££'s of new parts. Any ideas on value? Please help!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It would be a shame to break it into parts, but thats probably the best way to get some of your ££££s back. Unfortunately as you never finished it you are unlikely to recoup your costs, but that is the way of restoring auld bikes. Having done one or two auld Brit Bikes in the past I am happy to break even (not counting the time and effort I put in....I did it for the love not the money :unsure::unsure: )

Everybody, and I do mean everybody who has ever rebuilt a bike hits a point where they run out of steam or hit a problem they either don't know how or cannot afford to fix.

That is part of the challenge, either throwing a sheet over it while you save a few bob to pay for the flame ejectors for the handlebars or you find that the mk1 xt uses the same parts (hypothetical example).

Giving up is daft, although my mate has managed to retire early buying these up and finishing them for a profit as he gets them for relative peanuts. You have already spent the money but as bits it has no value, even finished its only value is to you. Either piece of mind like my daughters bike that I rebuilt. Knowing its safe is important to me obviously, and my old dt. Big lump of sentimental there.

I have my dads old cb175 to do next, all cosmetic, easy peasy compared to some. Easy to find the parts I want and its in good condition anyway if a naff non original colour.

Selling is a mugs move.

stick with it, I've got my supercharger project on the back burner as I ran out of money and time.

will pick it back up later  I still google for stuff and occasionally buy if a good price

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online