First time biker from Glasgow

KyleHally
This post is 2279 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there,

My name is Kyle and I'm an aircraft mechanic from the east end of glasgow.  My whole experience with motorbikes is a mini moto i got as a kid for christmas (which i crashed on the first day:eusa_whistle:).  Have been telling myself for years I'd get my bike license but only yesterday went ahead with it.  Purchased myself a brand new yamaha ys125 from the Jim Allan showroom in Falkirk and pretty psyched to pick it up after my CBT on the 4th of october.  I'll stick some pictures once i get it but for the mean time I'll hang out here and hopefully pick up some good hints and tips to get me off to a good start.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Kyle ,good luck with your  cbt ,   --will be interested to know what you think of the Ys 125,as it's the replacement for the YBR 125.    For the Ys125 ,Yamaha say they have 'combined' the front and rear brakes ,but I have no idea what they mean by this.    People on here will be interested to know how the brakes perform. (and what combined means)

• 3 months later...

Managed to get around 300miles down so far inbetween the great British weather.  As for the combined brakes,  i have no idea but the brakes work smooth so no complaints.  Maybe the aviation fuel will get me over 65mph:lol:

Here's a couple snaps anyway if i can remember how to do the whole forum image hosting lol

20171231_124239_zpsc6mwvzwb.jpg

20171231_124227_zpsgnwekpn3.jpg

P.S the L plate was the only casualty when it fell in the wind.  Hence the reason its locked up without a cover at the moment

Yeah born down duke street, stayed in springboig since i was 10 month old till i moved out with my girlfriend last year.  Now got our own house just off from hogganfield loch.  Looking forward to the summer to properly get out on the bike and hopefully catch a couple meets or whatever.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kyle, welcome to the forum.

Glasgow, I could tell you a few stories about Glasgow when I was in the RN. was stationed in Gosport but came up to Faslane a lot of times so quite often got the train to Glasgow.

Mike.

3 minutes ago, mike1949 said:

Hi Kyle, welcome to the forum.

Glasgow, I could tell you a few stories about Glasgow when I was in the RN. was stationed in Gosport but came up to Faslane a lot of times so quite often got the train to Glasgow.

Mike.

Your a brave man mike,  esp  in the 1960/70  erra,,:ph34r:

Too right Blackie, I remember going on leave from Faslane to Cirencester, got train to Glasgow Train station and had to wait about an hour for train so went to pub next door (in uniform) Locals kept plying me with beer, then put me on train to London, supposed to change at Birmingham but fell asleep and when guard woke me up asking for ticket I was somewhere between Brum and the smoke. If that wasn't enough he made me pay extra to get to London then on to Swindon.

1 hour ago, blackhat250 said:

Your a brave man mike,  esp  in the 1960/70  erra,,:ph34r:

I've got to be honest Blackie. In the 60/70's we were not welcomed in Scotland or Wales.

Sorry if I've offended you but my experiance.

Mike" i knew that,,,,it was caveman like   back then,   we were not welcome in the next town,  , so i knew you would be hunted,,.  we never opened our mouths if we ventured west,,   accent   gave it away,  , how primative  eh,,   so its called evolution now,, we all get on,   .:rolleyes:

20 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

so its called evolution now,, we all get on,   .:rolleyes:

Unless you're a jambo ;) ;)  or a Paisley Buddy

• Haha 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online