1975 Yamaha LB80 Chappy Issues

ajbrooks1
This post is 2415 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone, I finally found a forum for the Chappy!

I have two 1975 Chappys. One was my first motorcycle that my pop got me when I was 10. (the yellow one)

I am restoring it to give to him for his birthday this year without him knowing. The engine is good but the other components are not so good.. (the red one)

I purchased another 1975 LB80 locally and it has a bad engine, but good other components.

So I say my yellow one has a good engine, as in it started and ran a year ago around December. I have it now in my garage and it is not getting any spark.. Where do I start?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi 

First off set the ignition timing to 1.8mm btdc and dress the points ... there after just check the ht coil for the correct resistances ( they elude me for the minute) and the resistance of the plug cap 

I am totally new to this, what does "BTDC" I assume its something to do with top dead center? I have new points for it, I don't know where they are or how to install them.

I took out the ignition coil and got a new one but forgot to mark what wire feeds the coil..

before top dead centre (center)

The coil should have an orange or black wire attached

The points are located in the magneto ... l/h engine side cover but you will need an extractor to remove the mag in the UK UK you will need a P134 extractor

see https://picclick.co.uk/Flywheel-puller-extractor-Yamaha-FS1-FS1E-310667328436.html

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online