Does anyone recognise these pipes please?

edthebad
This post is 2444 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there.  New to the forum this evening and completely new to the cruising world, having bought this 650 (1998)  today and still have a huge smile from the ride home.  However I think I'm going to serious fray the nerves of the neighbours if I don't put some baffles in these pipes as they currently have none.  Problem is I'm afraid I have no idea which make they are and I wondered if anyone on here knew or whether I just buy universal baffles which I've seen on ebay.

Thanks in advance.  

Dragstar 1.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

They should say somewhere on 'em. They look a bit like the Highway Hawks that the wife had on her 650 (good choice, by the way).

However, you may find they're straight-throughs and so don't have baffles available. Similarly, universal baffles may not be as universal as you'd hope, requiring you to drill holes in the pipe even if they're the right diameter.

You can buy baffle material from various places to quieten down the bike, you need to wrap the baffle (not to tightly) so it still fits in the hole but reduces the noise, should look something like this when your finished. Related image 

This is probably what you have now I should think  Image result for Highway Hawk baffles

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online