Hi - new FJ1200 owner here (-:

This post is 2428 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all - just joined the site after having owned my FJ1200 for a year so thought I'd better become an official Yamaha member! I bought a 1989 clean FJ1200 from a local bloke who hardly used it - it's covered 22600 miles and runs like a watch (but a bit lumpy when cold - do they all do that??). Is there a way I can put pictures of my bike on here??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum - FANTASTIC choice there!!

Yes, they can be a touch lumpy. It's an old (1978) design of carbed bike. Do you let it warm up for a minute beforehand, give it the occasional rev?

On 8/1/2017 at 1:36 PM, Ttaskmaster said:

Welcome to the forum - FANTASTIC choice there!!

Yes, they can be a touch lumpy. It's an old (1978) design of carbed bike. Do you let it warm up for a minute beforehand, give it the occasional rev?

Here, here !!!  Impeccable taste my man ;)

Hi, welcome to the YOC. FJ1200 great bike and loads of grunt, they are soooo much fun..!

Good choice. Make sure you have some decent rubber on it - mine used to spin the back wheel all the time

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online