XJ6n LHD headlamp

monkeyjim
This post is 2433 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all , 

I have a 2009 XJ6n that I will register in France and would like to know if the headlamp unit is switchable from rhd beam pattern to lhd like on some cars. 

I cannot find my owners manual although I would think a lhd headlamp is required. Beam deflectors will not be adequate.

Regards , 

David 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm 90% certain that the beam pattern is not biased in either direction. It is aimed from the factory centrally. I know my XJ6n the beam pattern was centred directly in front of the bike, with no obvious throw to the left. I rode it around Europe without masking the beam as I felt happy that it was not needed. I appreciate the french registering system may want more than my opinion though!

Cross referencing the part between uk and french variants indicates this is the case: https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/manufacturer/yamaha/bike/xj6n/year/2011/model/xj6n-20sb-2011-050-c

Thank you for reply.

I have had a look and there is 2 part numbers for the lamp on the website and one states for GBR next to it so I would assume that is a uk RHD lamp. 

I think best thing to do is make further contact armed with the part numbers for clarification of lhd or rhd fitting.

Interesting to see the lamp is the same one used on the FZ8n .

regards 

David

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online