Yamaha mt-01 supension collapse

jan edman
This post is 2430 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

doesn't look enough metal there with a cast part. Although that's the first I've heard about it

Important question to ask is how regularly were the linkage and bearings serviced?

This was posted on here in 2007..!

Your bike should have been done then. If not then contact your local Yam dealer and see if it can be fixed by them under the RECALL notification.

Read this for more info on the recall http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=C88B08D3A7EEC5F68025733100271805&freeText=Blank&tx=VOSA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Usually the dealer contacts the previous owner, either original or second user, and tells them that there has been a recall, if they are complete bastards (owner) and have sold it on and can't be arsed to let you know then this is the result..! I bet if you go back far enough there will have been a recall notice sent to one of them in the post.

So I just bought a new car (to me) and because of this post I thought I would check to see if there was any outstanding info on it..! Well bugger me if it has 2 outstanding recalls on it 1 "Steering bolt can come loose and can result in loss of steering" WTF! 2 "Fuel tank seal needs to be replaced due to possibility of fuel contacting exhaust system" WHAT..! So my car now can't steer and will then explode, phoned the dealer "yeah bring it back" Thanks Jan I owe you a beer mate.

• Like 1

They fixed it for free godwill from yamaha  ,its have ben a recall on the carburator too also that was fixed.

The tyre i have to pay, but its was rather bad so in the end i happy after all:-)

• Like 1

Result nice one Jan. :D

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online