XT225 float height ?, teikei carb

This post is 2451 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have an '86 tk carb on a later bike but can't find float height for it. It seems to be above the float bowl to main body seal ! It therefore leaks and I'm going to change the seal next week . I'd just like confirmation that the level can sometimes be above the gasket, I've never come across that before. 

Thanks in advance, Dave 

ps. I'm going to put a small washer under the needle to richen it rather than changing the jets.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Firstly the gasket should not leak. When your riding the fuel will swill around in there and the seal should be sound.

Ball park float height. Should see the main jet submersed in fuel by about the depth of the jet (ish).

Some carbs like the mikuni's on early dt's are quite sensitive to it so go with caution.

It needs to be in the fuel to suck it up.

Normally you would go with a float height not a fluid level, ;) although some are measured using the drain on the float bowl and clear tube to see where the fuel actually is, and obviously it cannot go higher than the floats can go as a maximum.

Hows it hanging dave,  B),  see you at squires,   2/3 sept,,         :rolleyes:

Shown for a Kawasaki, but it may help

TK22slideNeedlePosition.GIF

This link also has a lot of good shit in it

http://gpzweb.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/TK22mainPage/TK22adjustmentsAndMaint/TK22adjustmentsAndMaint.html

Cheers mate, but google really is your friend

Tried google again, but this time drilled down into the results further and well, the Haynes manual is right, both the cv and teikei carbs use the same fuel level ( 11-12 mm below carb body interface) although the manual doesn't mention the xt having a slide carb in 86-87!

so ive lowered the fuel level to 12 mm , raised the needle one notch to richen it slightly and all is well. 

• Like 1