North Coast 500

finnerz89
This post is 2258 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has anyone on here done it? I have a week off from the 21st August. There's a pre planned route available on the website but you have to be a paid member to view it. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
7 minutes ago, drewpy said:

mates doing it in a few weeks on a Honda C90 :huh:

Awesome. I guess it will be taking him a while? Lol

Yip av done it  twice,  [ when it was quiet,  ]  now evrybody and there dog is up there.  and the roads aint wide,  [ for most of it.]  

were doing it  on 2strokes, [ 27-30th july].  thing is there aint lots of hotels either, so bring a tent,  ,fuel up every chance,  as the next station  may be closed ,[ esp sundays]. they are holy willys up north ,,, lots of roads , were gonna just make it up as we go, to avoid the tourists,  long haul for you finners, 

1 hour ago, blackhat250 said:

Yip av done it  twice,  [ when it was quiet,  ]  now evrybody and there dog is up there.  and the roads aint wide,  [ for most of it.]  

were doing it  on 2strokes, [ 27-30th july].  thing is there aint lots of hotels either, so bring a tent,  ,fuel up every chance,  as the next station  may be closed ,[ esp sundays]. they are holy willys up north ,,, lots of roads , were gonna just make it up as we go, to avoid the tourists,  long haul for you finners, 

I was planning on camping most of it anyway. Yeah it is, I may just head wherever the weather is nice and see what happens. 

Scorchio  up here the now,,   but it wont last, mind the oilskins,,,:rolleyes:,   its nice over west paul,,   its like going back 50years ago,  nowts changed, 

small villages,  post office with a petrol pump on the wall, 

I'll see what the weather's looking like closer to the time. I could always head to europe B)

26 minutes ago, Tommy xs said:

http://www.nc500motoexperience.co.uk/the-route I looked at it last year think this is the link John gave me 

Cheers for that mate, you can only view day 1 of the itinerary for free on the official site

sEE THAT MAP,   the road on the east coast, is the A9.   FK THAT, . . after the black isle.   [ cromarty firth] , take the Evanton moor turn off,  to Bonar bridge,  spectacular scenery,  then up to Lairg,   then thers a choice of 4 roads,   Altnahara , is the most remote,   take this too the top,= Betty hill, . then right to Tongue , ,  its 30miles then to Durness ,,  half an Hr i hear you say,     Na   hour or more,  [ twisty  single track from then on,]   and single  south  from durness,  for 20miles,    enjoy , the scenery, 

If doing it Clockwise,  turn off the Motorway  @  Dunblane,   signed posted Callander,   head north from there, to Fort william,  left for Malaig - ferry to  Isle of  Skye,  up the isle - over the bridge,  then Applecross,  then coast road to Ullapool,   spectacular,   no Mcdonalds for Hundreds off miles,  B)

• 3 weeks later...

I've done it a few years back, lovely sights, fill up with fuel at every chance.

• 2 months later...

I'm setting off tomorrow to do a chunk of this....Unfortunately it's by car. I have to go up to Dounreay for a two hr presentation.....7 and a half hour journey and the same back for a fekking two hour presentation

• Like 1

Heading to Perth, then up the A9.....A82 a better road by bike, but.....

Just leaving now, I may be a while as someone once almost said

• Like 1

On 23/10/2017 at 5:38 AM, jimmy said:

Heading to Perth, then up the A9.....A82 a better road by bike, but.....

Just leaving now, I may be a while as someone once almost said

Lawrence Oates,  Scott  expedition , Terra Nova,,  ,whitch incidently  was Planned   10 miles from me, [ Glen Prosen] .. ,  ,  hear the bike,  as he arrives, 

• Like 1

Well unlike Cap't Oates, I'm back. 5 miles short of 700 for a 2hr firearms talk...... I wasn't even doing the talk, my Boss wanted someone to represent him (cos he couldn't be arsed driving all that way) and I happened to be standing there when he looked up......

19 hours ago, jimmy said:

Well unlike Cap't Oates, I'm back. 5 miles short of 700 for a 2hr firearms talk...... I wasn't even doing the talk, my Boss wanted someone to represent him (cos he couldn't be arsed driving all that way) and I happened to be standing there when he looked up......

beats working though

1 hour ago, drewpy said:

beats working though

There is that, although it should have been my days off (and I don't get paid overtime), anyway, there are some fekking arsewipes use that A9. I saw 3 very near misses when the impatient fekkers had to pass HGVs causing them to slam on their brakes as well as the poor sods in the oncoming cars who would have shit themselves

Trouble is those impatient fuckers get people hurt. Not that road but the same thing caused a driver in our village to crash, he had to swerve violently in a flour tanker. Which if you didn't know acts the same as a liquid in bulk but the tanks aren't baffled. Once the movement goes too far your a passenger. The truck ended up on its side collecting a couple of cars into the bargain.

The person causing it drove off into the never never after saving himself 2 minutes.

Personally I think cars should be limited like trucks, 80mph. And that's it. Unless your on a track. Its what they do in Japan.

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online