Bike delivered......BUT!!!

Steve1504
This post is 2444 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello All.....I've had the urge for another cruiser type bike,my first year self employed was good,so i've been wandering around dealers and found myself a pucker 2014 Yamaha 950 midnight star with 961 miles from new,clearly did'nt want to pay the ticket price,so after a bit of haggling got a deal,including delivery,the bike was dropped of this morning,so oncei had taxed it,i took it for a spin,only a short ride as rain was expected,stopped in a car park by a lake,took some pictures and a short video,looked really good.It was time to leave for home,pushed the button,dead......flat battery,unable to bump start it on my own,phoned the dealer,who were really good,went all through the normal questions,kill switch,is it in neutral etc,they took my location and said a van is on its way,iwent accross the road to the Garden Centre got myself a tea and roll,went back to the bike and sat on the wall to wait for the recovery van.Meanwhile a car came into the empty car park(apart from my White 950cc bike & a few Geese)parked in a parking bay,decided to change bays and reversed stright in to the bike knocking it over,i sat there agast and dumbfounded,apparently he didn't see it because he was ŵorried about running over the geese.It'll need a new brake lever rear part of exhaust as far as i can see,the dealer are going to have a good look over it.I am far  to polite to express my feelings.....Steve

• Sad 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh man that sucks, I though I was having a day for nasty shocks but that tops me easily. Well done for not lamping the idiot.

Ha, Northampton, snap, or near enough. Which garden centre, only one of the top of my head is down near billing.

Indeed it was Billing Garden Village,i was in the car park oppisite,i thought the Geese,Barges & water make a good background for photo's,so i was less than two miles from home.

The brake lever will need to be renewed,the exhaust is scratched,unsure if the end part of the exhaust is a seperate piece,light scratch on the engine crash bar,autosol may deal with that.

Steve

Oh man that truly is some bad luck..! At least the dealer and the idiot will pay for the damage. Try not to worry about it mate it will all be sorted in no time and you'll be back out there dodging BMW's and Audi's with the rest of us. :D

Another nearly local here.

I know Billing Garden Centre well, reasonable priced good food in the café.

Also know the car park you were in, next to one of the lakes of Billing Aquadrome.

Bad luck...

oops, bad luck there. ironically, at least help was already on its way,

• Haha 1

The farm shop in the garden centre is where i stock up on my pies,they are really nice especially the steak & horseradish pie,i've not pestered the dealer today,to be honest i am still feeling sick over the whole matter.

steve

7 hours ago, Campaman said:

Another nearly local here.

I know Billing Garden Centre well, reasonable priced good food in the café.

Also know the car park you were in, next to one of the lakes of Billing Aquadrome.

Bad luck...

£1,200.00 to sort the bike,both the mirrors scratched,crash bars,front brake lever,righthand bar end,scratched exhaust(which is the killer blow),just the end cap,but its all one piece,i even stopped at a Yamaha dealer to double check the prices.I met the guy on Saturday and presented him with the quote,to say he was stunned would be an under statement,unfortunately for him all the damaged bits are chrome,he is a uni student,desperate not to go through his insurance,he'll be crucified next year,i think he's going to try the "bank of mum & dad"

Steve

give him an ultimatum, poblem is, he's under obligation to his insurance company to report an accident to them, same as you are.

If they find out you won't be covered as withholding information from them

If someone comes up with cash straight away no problem, but if they delay then they mess you about, you could end up having to explain to insurance why it hadn't been reported sooner my thinking for that amount is tell insurance straight away who knows the bike shop may find other stuff related to accident once they start work on it.

• Like 1

What bad luck.

Be careful my daughter got knocked off her first bike years ago, the old guy didn't want to go through his insurance, I got a quote the next day and as soon as I saw it I knew he wouldn't  pay as it was a lot $$$.  Sure enough when I showed him the quote he changed his mind but we had already been in touch with the insurance Company by then.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online