Fk me, HOW MUCH?

Cynic
This post is 2436 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Today I have spent a couple of hours chasing insurance quotes for the daughters bike.......

First quote was well over a grand, then searched around some more and got it down to around 1100 then with me on the policy and a lot of bartering I have got it down to 760.

That's with CIA, (careful googling that one) third party only (excess starts at 600 quid on TPFT) fire and theft adds around 400 quid, with the excess on a bike that books at 500 quid is pointless.

Anybody know any other insurance companies worth a try. I was expecting around 500 quid and quietly hoping it might be a bit less. Once you have 12 months on the bike the cost drops by over 60pc, its just that initial, no experience, no training bit that hits you hard. I blagged the guy on the phone to give me a ball park what it would be at 17 with 12mths nc, 240 quid..........!:wacko:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well its coming down, still getting £1200+ quotes, even Bennets wanted over 800quid. Few of the less main stream companies are under 500 so its getting better. More phone calls tomorrow.

Only pain in the arse is she cannot be insured till she has her cbt, so I can't get the bloody thing mot'd till she passes her cbt so I can book it in and ride it there.

Why do we do it.......?

We had the same for my boy. Over a grand on his quotes.

We were recommended to try MCE and got tpft for about £500. The only issue was when he turned 17 and got a 125 they would not cover him so when he went elsewhere they did not give him his first years NCD as he was only (their words) 10 month into his insurance

Bikesure have always been good for me, you get a discount for being on here

Yeah, the lack of even a CBT may well be pushing prices stupidly high... as well as age/lack of NCB in general.
If it helps, I'm with Churchill, via Devitt, who have consistently been the cheapest for me for several years, now... although that is with, like, forever on the NCB.

Yeah as vehicle insurance goes this is ground zero.

We used H & R Insurance for our son's first moped at 16 and then for his Fazer 600 from 17 onwards. TPTF rates were great from them (and still are).

His moped (Reiju RS 50 Matrix Pro) insurance was around £250 when he was 16.

When we first insured his Fazer 600, when he was 17, I think his insurance cost around £800 TPFT.

If you haven't already tried them, they may be worth a call.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pulling my miserable face at paying £89 fully com :(.

I would shit the bed if I had to fork a grand out.:eek2:

• Haha 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online