DELETED

scott  alan
This post is 2453 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like it.

6 hours ago, Cynic said:

Sounds like it.

Thanks for response.  As soon as I'm positive, I'm usually in trouble.  Nice to have someone at least agree.  Static steam?  Too cool!  Just got into retail quads.  I see they are now selling crude GPS @ 100 usd.  This stuff used to sell for a grand just a short time ago.  I like the idea of training with anything to help pilot.  I figure lack of skills means crashing and leaving hobby.

• scott alan changed the title to 1980 400 xs regulator question + Vetter replace screen site

Yep, few years ago there was a steam show near me and somebody had taken an old articulated trailer. Done it up and mounted a soding great steam engine in it. Just sat there ticking over at like, 40rmp. All mint, beautiful engineering from the mid 1800's.

Amazing stuf done with candles and a slide rule. Makes modern tech seem a bit low skill by comparison. No cnc or computer modling for brass and chrome steel components the size of a dining table that move effortlessly together.

I was watching this thing move and all the tiny details for nearly an hour, oops.

46 minutes ago, scott alan said:

I've heard some companies keep pigs nearby to use fat in hands to lube multi tonnes engines.  Saw a Jay Leno (retired talk show host), special he collects and lives for steam.  Apparently nuclear subs are steam engines.

Technically yes, all the nuclear bit does is boil the water.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online