There in (almost)

Cynic
This post is 2476 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok you orrible lot, I know you get all frothy with pictures so here you go. Apart from the incredibly frustrating fact that the caliper bolts I ordered are m10x 1.5 and the actual caliper bolts needed are m10x1.25 :( the wheels are in, the radius on the front muddy maybe looks a little odd. (have dropped it an inch already. And everything on the rear is close but fits. 

Need to shorten the chain too as the prillia sprocket is 40t not 44, I could have got a 44 but fancied stretching the gearing a little. I may regret it but hey, a lot of my best ideas have been an 'I wonder if.............?'.

Here you go I think they look killer.

20170709_154552_zps55o3ioby.jpg

And before....

DSC00236.jpg

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
16 minutes ago, drewpy said:

looks great I do like spoked wheels

Er? :blink:

11 hours ago, Tommy xs said:

me too, think the new wheels would look brilliant in Yellow though, just my opinion! 

Seen yellow done with TZR wheels, gold too, its too much. If there wasn't the yellow seat and graphics then maybe it would work, like your XJR. But with the TDR being tiny its too much.

I'm thinking of some yellow or gold rim tape to finish it off though..

• Like 1

Good job its my bike.

• Like 1

Being a lazy fekker, I prefer alloy wheels. This was reinforced a few weeks back when I had my rear wheel off to fit new sprocket and tyre, I decided to clean up the hub and spokes. Took me forever even in the stripped stage, so alloys all the way for me

Well aside from the photoblacmailerbucket thing.

Small point, be VERY careful to measure twice and cut once when you shorten your chain........... Don't ask.   :pissed-off:

• Haha 1

I wish.....

Yep, all original matching numbers, ha. Tis a uk bike though.

Different disks, bars, grips, front callipers, the fork gaiters don't reach the bottom yolk and those frankly disastrous Pirelli's. It will handle like a drunken sailor on those. Also, see the barrels, on a bike like that would you not think anybody changing them would paint them, I did, the paint colour is out there. Or there the original barrels if so that mileage is pony.

Gold anodised wheels, the spokes break the anodising and then the anodising gets moisture under it and off it comes, I know cos that's what happened to me. Means those rims are replacements too. Another nail in the couple of hundred mile coffin.

3k and it will go up too, makes me wonder what mine's worth sometimes. That's a pretender. Just another rebuild. Bet he didn't pay that for it.

11 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

Good idea john. Orderd a rivet link so i can put the joint in without weakening the chain. 2 split links would be a bit much i think.

• Thanks 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online