Noise From Somewhere on Dragster 650

swampthing90
This post is 2492 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone

First time posting so sorry if already covered topic.

I have a 2003 XVS Dragstar 650, bought it in Jan with around 7500 miles on it just hit about 8500.

I was riding home from work today when a strange sound started coming from the bike. The only way I can describe it is if you were to pick up an a4 piece of paper and flap it a couple of times. IT made this noise every now and then at around 30mph in either 3rd or 4th gear. It wasn't constant it would just happen in random bursts would go along then *flap* go a few meteres further *flap flap* etc it wasn't massively loud.

I am just wanting to know if anybody has any ideas before I take it to a mechanic when it inevitably won't make the noise when I tell them about it.

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd go over the bike and check for anything loose, fairings, screens, mudguards etc. It could also be one of your control cables, have they come unclipped or moved out of their holders?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online