XS650 mk2 (1981) engine mounts

D24Gollum
This post is 2478 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all...

I'm trying to source engine mounts for a 1981 XS650. they were lost during a messy divorce and I'd love to put the whole filthy episode behind me by getting the old girl back on the road (the XS, NOT the ex - she can burn in hell!)

anyone who can help, please step forward

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanks Drewpy,

I appreciate the reply.

I had tried the shop.de site and they didn't have any listed..

hugh's handbuilt were shown as out of stock

heiden tuning only had rear mounts

speed and sport was by part number and quite pricey if it's the 'motor stays' they list under thr frame section.

so... anywhere else I can look guys? I keep an eye on ebay too, and would ideally get them from UK to save on the postage (and import duty??)

Just a thought mate, does anything else fit? Yams used to be known for their "bin bikes" ie what have we got left in the bins, ok, let's build a bike..! is anything compatible with your bike, I mean they had the XS series of bikes from the XS 650 / 750 / 500 / 400 and the 1100 series, is there nothing on those that will do for yours? You might even get lucky if you used just the part number as your guide. Gotta be worth a try! Just putting it out there.

get the part numbers off speed sport and google them

there was loads of front engine mounts in germany ( no import duty as we are still in EU)

a quick update, for anyone who's interested...

a complete set of mounts, nice condition, right model year, came up for auction on eBay in the states. I contacted the guy and after a brief 'back n forth', agreed a very fair price. he stuck a buy it now option on the sale and the rest as they say, is history. £50 including priority shipping... chuffed as f*ck!

• Like 2

Result, well done. :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online