XS650 TRX850 & XVS1300

This post is 2475 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all... thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Gollum, biker for many years, and currently own 3 Yam's (see topic title).

I've arrived here in search of some bits, which were lost when the ex-wife and her boyfriend stole and sold (for scrap!) the majority of a pristine 1981 XS650 which was stripped down in the garage. I managed to track down most of the bits they took but the engine mounts had already been sold by the time my detective work led me to the scrapyard in question. 

so, if anyone can come to my aid, and point me in the right direction, I'll be in your debt

Gollum

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HI Gollum, welcome to the YOC. Can't help with the parts but wish you luck in your hunt mate. :D

:welcome: Gollum that's upsetting, can you start a new thread in classics please?

this is intro's only and Ilook forward to giving some answers in your new thread as I'm sure most peeps would want to help

Thats a bugger, i like the XS650, as a favourite  of mine in the 1970"s :welcome:

On 6/5/2017 at 11:05 PM, blackhat250 said:

Thats a bugger, i like the XS650, as a favourite  of mine in the 1970"s :welcome:

Yup, If I hadn't bought a new XJ-650 in '84 a mate of my dad's XS-650 would have been my first 'proper' bike.

I do like the 650, I always had a bit of a soft spot for them, saw them as an updated (read reliable and oil-tight) bonneville LOL

always fancied a little bonneville hardtail bar-hop but 12K for a donor bike was never gonna fit my budget. 1200 got me a really clean xs back in 2009 and that 650 twin chop project is finally gonna get back underway. I'm rather excited

You've got a bike to cover just about all moods there! The XS is an ancestor of the TRX, and you can even get them sounding like a TRX with a crank rephase to 270 or 277 degrees. I'll eventually be converting one of mine to 270. Best of luck finding the bits you need.:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online