200 miles done - First thoughts - YZF-R6 '17

Swiss_Tone
This post is 2510 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

As some of you will know I picked up my new and first bike the other day. I have a lots of words for this bike, but one comes to mind...amazing!

I've done around 250 miles over the weekend all on A/B roads, countryside and town and have to say as per the short test ride the weekend before on the demo I have found this bike amazingly easy to ride.

I'm 42, 6'1 (183cm) 80kg/just under 13 stone, have slightly shorter legs then average, size 9.5/44 feet ... funny to put all this but I point this out as I really struggled to get comfortable on most sports bikes I tried! Some of this though would be down to new boots and leathers.

Anyway, after about 100 miles I found my perfect riding position (although move around a lot of course).

I've decided on doing an advanced rider course and test too.

Back to the bike, I find the gear change easy, power delivery (STD mode, TCS 6 so far) very easy to get on with both around town and out on the open road. The weight/feel compared with other sport bikes I tried much more relaxing/lighter when on the move.

The much talked about cold start issue is there, but not an issue as far as I'm concerned. Otherwise so far no issues at all.

I've had the Yamaha tail-tidy and upgraded Yamaha rear LED turn/brake signals fitted and look really good along with the smaller plate.

I've also removed the passenger foot pegs as IMHO they look ugly and will never carry a passenger tbh.

The exhaust I've ordered though is on back order..it's the Aprovik Slip On GP style, and I'm in two minds to still get it, I've been looking at other options online and found one I really like the look of (please note I'm only for looks, extra power of any isn't what I'm after, maybe a bit more noise though). The one I love the look of is the Toca Double Down side exit exhaust, IMO it's smaller and neater than most I've seen on a bike and fits better with the styling.

What are your thoughts ....?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers for the review, now all we need is pics ;) 

• Like 1

aye, pics please :)

good review, be careful to keep the rear footpegs, they'll be needed when you take it for an MOT if you still have the rear seat

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online