Vapour Blasting

YDS7Paul
This post is 2507 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all hope your well. I have started a new XS250 project and one of my problems is to clean 35 years of corrosion on the aluminium engine covers. Has anyone hear had any experience of vapour blasting. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

XS250 you say?, vapour blasting? Have you considered 88mm Cannon Blasting

88mm_zpswapcsivw.jpg

Only joshing Bud. I had a bad experience with an xs250 and have never got over it.

Not tried vapour blasting personally, but seen some good results on my mates bikes and online

vapour blasting is great, get your carbs done too.

no idea where you live as you didn't complete your location details on the left. so can't help with a local supplier

I am in the South East and have looked up a few firms who do this. Ill take some before and after pics and post them so anyone else thinking of doing this can benefit.

Just had a price on the clutch housing cover, that on its own is £25. They cant do the engine complete so I would have to dismantle it and I was hoping to avoid this.

usually have to strip before vapour blasting

A guy local to me charges £10 an hour and does it in his shed