DT175mx clutch grabbing

This post is 2507 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All Yam fans

I am hoping someone can resolve this one I have Just bought a dt175mx and have found when I pull away the clutch is  grabbing on and off as I release it

and its bloody awfull.I have changed the friction plates and Springs And it still does it.

Any ideas lads and lasses would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did you check the basket for ridges, did you smooth them off, did you take the sharp edges off of the friction plates when you got them before soaking them in oil for a few hours.

Hi cynic yes I did check the basket for ridges,the friction plates are new and were soaked for 24 hours.

the bike seems to judder as you release the clutch then grabs .also the clutch cable is new.

So why did you change out the clutch?

Normally causes clutch slip tbh. Did you check them for blueing?

My money"s on the rivit/ dampers ,  wear,,   it  makes the clutch  snatch,,,,,,not drag

Is it a jumpy feeling when pulling away?My 175mx did this with new metal EBC clutch plates and replacement used basket as I had clutch rattle with the rivets. Im considering changing it back to the Cork plates and old basket.