Oil Level Switch

timmy2323
This post is 2495 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

Sorry if there is already a topic on this and sorry if this makes no sense. I recently bought a 2000 Yamaha R6 with the oil light constantly on. I unplugged the single wire going to the oil level switch and the oil light goes out. I checked the voltage to the oil switch and there is 12 volts going to the switch. I then removed the oil switch and checked the continuity by turning it upside down.

When the switch is in the normal up right position, there is no continuity and the oil light is off but when I turn it upside down there is continuity and the oil light comes on.  I was just wondering if anyone could confirm I'm testing the switch correctly? I thought it should be the opposite way around, i.e. in the normal upright position with the float at the bottom (oil level low) the light should be on and with the sensor upside down with the float at the top of the sensor (oil level full) the light goes out. 

Thanks very much for any help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Seeing as how everything works except the actual switch do you not have your answer.

And no I have no idea how to test it. Sorry.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online