Another new toy, with a twist.

wild foamy
This post is 2476 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there peeps. 

Been a while since I updated the toybox, managed to pick up a rather unusual piece... 

It came from Holland, and was used at Venray motor Speedway Stadium before it closed down some 7 years ago. 

It runs, there are no brakes (you die like a man) and it's just a little bit nutty, kind of like me. 

It's nice to have something unusual, and even nicer to have something with a story (including the dented tank that resulted in a broken collarbone!) , I'm undecided Wether to move it on or just hang it up in the unit beside my Aprilia 

DSC_0367_zps5lwtrpkt.jpg

DSC_0365_zpswbykc5wn.jpg

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's very cool! I'd put some brakes and lights on it and get it on the road!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

As above, will make a smart little bike for knocking about on. Just as an aside what have you done with all the other toys? You had a boat and that thing from the U.S that you bought.

The boat is sold and hopefully being collected today, I've rented out a large unit to store my toys in as I will likely be working abroad for a couple of years when I leave the RAF later this year. 

DSC_0433_zpskxho5mqu.jpg

I've got a DR600 and some other stuff in there I need to get rid of aswell, there's a lot of stuff that's been sold already (had the tail fin from a MIG-21 hung up above the boat for a few weeks). 

It's got to the point where I've started stacking things on top of other things, the chappy and Motron (Italian monkey bike) are on the roof rack on top of the Pajero, the Aprilia is hung up above the door with the Honda NX125 joining it shortly, the XJ Turbo and DT50 will be going in this week aswell

• Like 1

It's a long way from being road legal though, if I went through all that work to get it up to scratch I'll no doubt end up keeping it! 

You got to prioritise all your junk. All of that will end up weighed in for scrap in the end.

If you had spent the time and money from a quarter of the other junk you would have a mint turbo and room for more.

Oh the turbo has made a re-appearance, I'm actually quite surprised that young(er) me had the foresight to label ever part that came off, done a few little bits and pieces to it this weekend, assembling the swingarm/rear wheel, front forks etc, engine is being blanked up for sodablasting next week aswell. it's not going to be finished any time soon but any progress is good progress.

DSC_0467_zpseepzs0we.jpg 

There are a lot of bikes in there that will be getting moved on before I leave (DT125LC, Motobecanes, DR600, DR125). The Flat tracker might be staying, I'm unsure, it's nice just to look at, it has a story. 

• 3 weeks later...

XS is staying, I've been delayed leaving the military until next year due to not being able to get the courses I want, which has kind of pissed me off. So I'm going to register it and dick around on it for a bit. 

Calipers have been sourced, rear light and horn are on, just waiting on a speedo from China and its all systems go. 

Nice one mate, sorry to hear your have to stay on tho..! What courses are you looking at Steve? If you don't mind my asking that is.

C+E driving, it's mainly the DVLA requiring extra medicals and things, I went a bit wobbly a couple years ago so there's been lots of enquiries into my fitness to drive. 

Nearest independent medical they could put me on is in 5 weeks, and it'll take a further two months for them to receive the result from the doc and decide Wether or not to give me provisonals,  if I fail or don't attend I lose my car/bike licence aswell

Is it with OH Assist, if so good luck with that bud

Ok mate thanks for that, don't fret over it as I'm sure your ok now. Just a pain with all that hurry up and wait nonsense that the forces put you through.

How long have you been in the military now then Stevie?

8 years now, time for a change. 

Oh, and the XS400 front end I bought turned out to be from a Z250... And one of the calipers was missing... Also discovered that it isn't charging the battery

1 hour ago, wild foamy said:

8 years now, time for a change. 

Oh, and the XS400 front end I bought turned out to be from a Z250... And one of the calipers was missing... Also discovered that it isn't charging the battery

my front forks don't charge the battery either :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4