YBR clutch not disengaging

ahhayamaha
This post is 2495 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I just had the clutch changed on my YBR last week (about 35k on the clocks) as it was slipping. Drove away from the shop and happy days it felt great until I was riding over the hills today and I went for the clutch and there's nothing there. 

I had to change through all gears without the clutch which waa ok until I had to stop facing up a hill which made getting going a little difficult. 

I took the clutch cable off the engine and there is no resistance at all when I move the lever on the engine. It's like the push rod is no longer engaged to the lever to disengage the clutch. Is there an easy fix or am I going to have to attempt the 50km ride back to the shop as I have no tools where I am except the ones that come with the bike.  

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeh the actuator i bet,  ,  i would ride it back, ,  change down into neutral before junctions,  keep it rolling, bang into first on move, 

keep your distance,.  

Yep as above, they broke it they can fix it..! Call and say you want them to collect it and don't take no for an answer.

Managed to ride it to the shop today which wasn't too bad, only got stuck at one traffic light. They said it was screw/nut that came loose for the clutch rod, or something (my French is not good). Anyway, they were very apologetic and now I'm back on the road, hope it stays that way 

• Like 1

Sorry but here's what you do, look in the manual, kneel down by the bike and fix it yourself. We all like the idea of someone else getting their hands dirty and doing things for us but really it is much more satisfying to have fixed something yourself. After all it's a nut and bolt how difficult can it be?

You need basic tools and a haynes manual.

8 10 12 and 13mm spanners a 4inch adjustable and a small quater drive socket set  with a couple of screwdrivers will do most small jobs.They can be found as a 'motorcycle' kit sometimes.

Total outlay maybe 40 quid. Then as you tackle different jobs like chain tension, oil changes etc your kit pays for its self many times.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online