Yamaha xj6n stiff handlebar

Dilip
This post is 2528 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys i am new to this forum i bought 2013 yamaha xj6n last for good price but i notice while riding when i am turning handlebar feel stiff hard doesnt turn smoothly is there a way to fix?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do you have the manual? If not then buy that before you do anything to the steering, it might be ok and if you don't know whether it should be like this or not then leave it alone till you do know.

Have you checked your tyre pressures?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

I havent checked tyre pressure but by pushing the tyre with hand there is a enough air.i used to have same problem with my old bike because of not enough air steering was hard but my new bike looks fine i will check just to make sure when i get home thanks guys.

Ok you have the manual, that's great. Get the front off the ground as NSD said and poke around to see if there's anything obvious.

this is how you check them

This is how you grease them

Just a generic bike video, nearly all are the same or very similar.

Get a car jack and a block of wood to go under the sump of the bike, have your rear axle/paddock stand in place and gently wind it up till the front tyre clears the floor. That should do enough to get at the front forks and see if you have a problem. Might be best as well to get a mate to hang onto the bike while you rock it about just in case.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online