crying for help

yamahadreamer
This post is 2522 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all i have just joined as i have no where else to turn to and hope this will be a great help in sorting my bike issue out as i so wish to feel the experance of my yaham on the road.The problem i have is i have a yamaha ybr125 2007 injection model i can start the bike and it runs ok while standing you can rev it up go through the gears with no problems of cutting out,once i sit and start riding it with in 5/10 seconds it cuts out but will start again on the button,the things i have tried so far is side stand kill switch i disconnected and bridged the wires,disconnected the ignition barrel and bridge there wires the bike still runs but still cuts out when riding but not when it is standing please please can any one help i have had the bike two weeks now and wish so much to ride it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok, so you should really be clinical in your descriptions of electrical stuff like this. 

Pour out the soft and fluffy in your introduction in the new members area, then! post your problem in the workshop area, where this will be shortly.

You say riding for 5-10 seconds, that says nothing. Detail is everything, remember we cannot see or hear what is wrong. I personally have never so much as touched a bike like yours like many on here so we need the detail but engines are engines and follow general rules so-.

Start the bike sitting on it, then lift the stand, then pull the clutch, then select first. Wait a count to 10 between each action. If its still running after all that push forward (yes with your feet), still running? now pull away (slowly listening to the motor).

If you pulled of ok great, if it doesn't, remember which point it cuts out and listen to how. Does it stop like the ig is cut or running out of fuel?, can you still hear the fuel pump etc?